In order to further improve the business environment and shorten the customs clearance time of the port, according to the reform of the iron ore mine supervision mode, after the risk assessment, it was decided to adjust the supervision mode of some imported mineral products to “first release and then check”. The relevant matters are hereby announced as follows:
1. “First release” means that imported mineral products can be removed from the customs supervision work site after on-site inspection and quarantine (including radiological detection, foreign inclusion quarantine, number weight identification, visual inspection, sample preparation, etc.). After the inspection, the imported mineral products are taken out and laboratory tests are issued and certificates are issued.
2. For imported iron ore, manganese ore, chrome ore, lead ore and its concentrates, zinc ore and concentrates, adopt the “first release and then check” supervision method.
3. If the goods are found to have excessive radioactivity, suspected or doped solid waste, inconsistent cargo certificates, and foreign inclusions during on-site inspection and quarantine, the “first release and then post-check” supervision method is not applicable.
4. After the customs has completed the conformity assessment and issued the certificate, the enterprise can sell and use the imported mineral products.
5. If there are major problems in the supervision, such as safety, health, environmental protection, trade fraud, etc., the Customs will dispose of it according to the law and adjust the supervision method in a timely manner.
This announcement shall be implemented as of the date of promulgation.
Regulation Source: General Administration of Customs, P.R.China